case

More
09 Nov 2015 04:55 #697872 by drewd2385
case was created by drewd2385
Ok guys I have a 79 mk II case and was wondering if everything out of that case will swap right over to an 80 kz 1000 case,?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2015 05:17 #697875 by les holt
Replied by les holt on topic case
Yep, and if you don't mind me asking, something happen to the MK2 cases that deem them unfit?

Les Holt

More
09 Nov 2015 06:19 #697888 by zed1015
Replied by zed1015 on topic case
If both motors have provision for a kickstart then yes! everything will fit as all kicker motors are basically the same engine with some subtle differences which shouldn't apply if it's just a crankcase swap.
If the later motor was an early 'J' type (which would be 1981 onwards in case you have miss-typed ) with no kickstart then NO it's not a straight swap as these have hyvo type camchain and a different tensioner set up as well as a fatter output shaft and other differences.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

More
09 Nov 2015 07:56 #697910 by drewd2385
Replied by drewd2385 on topic case

zed1015 wrote: If both motors have provision for a kickstart then yes! everything will fit as all kicker motors are basically the same engine with some subtle differences which shouldn't apply if it's just a crankcase swap.
If the later motor was an early 'J' type (which would be 1981 onwards in case you have miss-typed ) with no kickstart then NO it's not a straight swap as these have hyvo type camchain and a different tension:er set up as well as a fatter output shaft and other differences.

Thank you very much for the info it is greatly appreciated and will let u know how it goes thanks again!!

More
09 Nov 2015 07:58 #697911 by drewd2385
Replied by drewd2385 on topic case

les holt wrote: Yep, and if you don't mind me asking, something happen to the MK2 cases that deem them unfit?

Les Holt

Hi les and no there is nothing wrong with it at all it's just the other case has been bored out to fit a 1197 kit so I am going to buy that if it has a kick start hole on it lol