Nightmare scenario - please help if you can

More
15 Jun 2015 12:28 #676684 by My77gmc
So, here's the story...

My wedding is this coming Sunday, my mud buggy powered by an '83 GPZ1100 which is to transport my family across the tundra up here in the great AK, to our homestead out in the bush for our wedding, was purchased as a project and was missing a couple clutch components.

Now I'm one week away and have everything I need except what's referred to in the following parts diagram as92026A and 92026B clutch spacer.

( www.kawasaki.com/Parts/DownloadDiagramPd...&modelcode=ZX1100-A1 )

A week after ordering I got all the "clutch pusher" related parts except the spacers, they were back ordered from Kawasaki. A phone all to partzilla.com they said Kawasaki would have posted an ETA IF it was less than 2weeks out.

So, I got the parts for both 83 and 84, so I could use either spacer.

I have a lathe and plenty of aluminum but no part to copy. Any chance some one has one they'd be willing to measure with a micrometer?

Or a spare laying around?

Any help would be appreciated, even well wishes and you shoulda's....

Darn the government for making it so expensive to stock parts on the shelf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2015 06:31 #676785 by mike1957
Replied by mike1957 on topic Nightmare scenario - please help if you can
pm sent

mike1957

More
16 Jun 2015 10:03 #676816 by My77gmc
Replied by My77gmc on topic Nightmare scenario - please help if you can
Thanks for the link to your eBay ad, could you post a picture of the piece I need next to a ruler? Or measure the thickness from contact surface to contact surface? I have some 2" round stock and a lathe and I can turn it myself.

It may seem ridiculous, but it takes 4 days for anything to ship to alaska, it would be quicker this way.

If not that's ok, I have seen enough pictures to get close, and I can take it apart and put it back together in 10 minutes if I need to remove a bit more.

Thanks again for the help!