Need help finding exhaust for my bike

More
13 Apr 2015 07:38 - 13 Apr 2015 07:40 #667776 by sethmahan
Need help finding exhaust for my bike was created by sethmahan
I have a 1983 kz1100 LTD, shaft drive. I bought it and it did not have the original exhaust, it was replaced with a crappy 4-1 system that didn't match the bike, and the muffler is way to small to fit. However, I can't afford to buy the original exhaust right now, (although I found the whole system, with mufflers for $120 so it will not be long) so I need to masks these headers work for now. Can anyone recommend a muffler that will fit, or at least be close, for a temporary fit? The pipe on the headers is 3 inches, and I'm not sure what they were originally attached to. And I do know that using the wrong exhaust could make my bike run poorly but I have no other options right now. Thank you for your help
Last edit: 13 Apr 2015 07:40 by sethmahan. Reason: Spelling error

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2015 11:51 #667792 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Need help finding exhaust for my bike
You can probably use the muffler can from any 4-1 system from a big Kawasaki.
Be sure to check the spark plugs, as the po may not have properly jetted the carburetors.
Is the stock airbox installed or individual filters?

More
13 Apr 2015 11:55 #667794 by sethmahan
Replied by sethmahan on topic Need help finding exhaust for my bike
It's the stock airbox

More
13 Apr 2015 12:05 #667796 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Need help finding exhaust for my bike
Do you have any idea what 4-1 it is? If you post a photo, someone might be able to identify it so that you can proceed accordingly.

I'd guess the po didn't rejet the carbs, but that it just a guess. Maybe he did. ???
At any rate you'll need to check for yourself. If the spark plugs seem lean (whitish), you could get a new muffler, then rejet. Someone might be able to give jetting advice to get the carbs close.

More
13 Apr 2015 12:17 #667799 by sethmahan
Replied by sethmahan on topic Need help finding exhaust for my bike
No, I have no idea. The guy I bought it from basically cobbled it together from spare parts, but he only wanted $100 for it so I took it. I don't have pictures to post right now