Delkevic pipes or similar for KZ550

• LuckyLucOnBass
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Apr 2015 14:20 #667424 by LuckyLucOnBass
Delkevic pipes or similar for KZ550 was created by LuckyLucOnBass
I read a post about how POs suck. Well, I can agree to a certain extent. My bike's last owner cut the pipes down. Luckily it's ok... ok meaning it's fine for now. But I'd love to get a replacement set. Or even a set like the new Delkevic pipes. But they don't make a set for my 550. Is there a 4-1 set that would fit my bike and wouldn't require a rejet? My TK22s are set to stock. My new airbox hoses will be here, hopefully, tomorrow. The PO put on pods. Again, which was ok. But I'll be happy when it's close to stock exhaust and carb-wise.

One more thing. My bike has straight bars on it. And I like that feel. I mountain bike a lot, so it feels similar. I just need to eventually get shorter clutch, brake, and throttle lines. Anyone have a recommendation for a place to do that? I'm sure NAPA can build me a brake line. But I'm open to suggestions.

Attachment 20140409_152120-2.jpg not found

Thanks guys... off to work.

LH

bass player, bike rider, hockey fan.
1983 KZ550 M1
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2015 15:50 - 10 Apr 2015 15:52 #667430 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Delkevic pipes or similar for KZ550
You can get custom cables from DennisKirk.com. Motion pro brand. Measure your overall length and determin your new length, then fill out the online table and order them. Very simple to do.

Stock airbox is a good move, if the exhaust now is open pipe with those pods you may be very lean already. All 4 into 1 exhaust will require some tunning. I have a kerker in rough shape for a 550, if your handy at fix'in...

Oh and brake lines... you can buy generic brake line with fittings on each end. Figure out you length and buy the hose and the banjo fitting for rach end... again very simple to.

If I knew what I was doing all the time life wouldn't be any fun.

'80 KZ650 E 700cc, dyna ignition and coils, frame up restoration, daily driver
'81 KZ1300 A3 full restoration, custom big bore pistons, 1400cc 6 cylinder super bike
"77 KZ650 B1 - Barn Find, work in progeress
"74 Yamaha DT 400 Enduro
Last edit: 10 Apr 2015 15:52 by Tyler.

More
10 Apr 2015 16:06 - 10 Apr 2015 16:09 #667431 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Delkevic pipes or similar for KZ550
If the header pipes & manifold are in good condition, you could cut off what's left of the mufflers & install universal mufflers. Dunstall replicas are available at various on-line places. JC Whitney, JP Cycles, etc. Emgo & Helix Racing are a couple of brands.

HELIX RACING UNIVERSAL MEGAPHONE MUFFLER --- 20" L

HELIX RACING UNIVERSAL DUNSTALL TYPE EXHAUST MUFFLER ---26" L
Last edit: 10 Apr 2015 16:09 by martin_csr.