no start need help

More
17 Mar 2015 14:41 #664760 by Gjason89
no start need help was created by Gjason89
1982 kawasaki ltd 550 carbs cleaned , plugs not wet at all. Little spark witch screwdriver white spark , ic igniter replaced , used cdi replacement, when adding fuel threw filters little puff but not on all mainly all the time in only spark plug 1 . Pulser coils replaced . What can it be ?!!!! Cam tensioner , coils wires plugs?? Electrical ? Cdi and everything else not wired up right?i need also a wire diagram but thinking that maybe it's just not on time or something I'm in need of it to get around!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2015 16:02 #664766 by mopguy
Replied by mopguy on topic no start need help
Looks like you are not getting any fuel. Are you sure carbs are clean? Do read carburetor cleaning 101 and 102 it is available by clicking on the ARTICLES icon above. Once carbs are totally clean , do a clear tube test to set all the float heights right, make sure there is no vacuum leaks on intake boots, pull choke, make sure your battery is fully charged and hopefully she will start.

I have a 1980 Kawasaki KZ750 Ltd. I bought new. I recently managed to get it out of my garage after 28 years and put it on the road again (2010). I feel like a kid all over again. Since I have acquired 3 78 KZ1000 Ltd, 1 1981 KZ1000 Ltd, and another 1980 KZ750 Ltd. Love the LTD's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.