81 kz440 custom build

More
06 Jan 2015 18:07 #657924 by BLTFX1
81 kz440 custom build was created by BLTFX1
Hello Ya'll. I'm new to the site and thought I would share the build that I did over last winter. I started out with a stock 81 kz440 that I bought for $150 bucks from a friends how has a scrap yard. I guess the PO gave up on it and just wanted it gone. it didn't take much to get it run, cleaned the carbs, bought a new starter solenoid, and stole a rect/reg off a kz650 I have laying around. And after that I started the tear down. I sand blasted the frame, swing arm, lower fork legs, and all the small pieces. I cleaned the motor, painted it, and replaced the majority of the gaskets. I replaced the wheel, swing arm, and steering bearings. I rewired the bike and got rid of a bunch of stuff that I deemed not needed, replaced all the lights with led. Custom made the seat pan. Put drag bars on, brake reservoir from a triumph, and a different left handle bar switch. installed UNI pod filters, shorty mufflers and jetted the carbs. I'm sure I forgot some things. if you have any questions let me know, and thanks for checking out the bike.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.