New to me kz305

More
04 Oct 2014 15:16 #649686 by chimike
New to me kz305 was created by chimike
Hello all I'm new to the forums and recently acquired a 1981 kz305 chain drive which hasn't run in who knows how long. Im hoping to get it sorted out this winter (I'm in Chicago) so I can ride next spring. This isnt the first bike that I've resurrected so I have a fairly good idea of what to look at while going over this bike. Since getting the bike I changed the oil cleaned the carbs and got her to start and idle so I now know I have a runner. Im hoping that you kind folks can let me know of common failure points on this bike and items that should be addressed before I try to put miles on it. Thank you guys for your help.

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2014 15:31 #649688 by Janz3n
Replied by Janz3n on topic New to me kz305
I've had mine for the riding season. First bike too.

You'll find parts are very hard to get for a decent price as I'm finding out right now while I freshen the engine and seals.

Other than that, the bike has ran great all season. Once I figured out some carb issues. Never gave me and real problems.

81 kz305 ltd

More
05 Oct 2014 14:41 #649746 by chimike
Replied by chimike on topic Re:Re: New to me kz305
So ill be taking this in stages or bites. My next step will be adjusting the valves. Any pointers advise etc? Is there anything that should be replaced while im in there?