Eating gas

More
10 Sep 2014 18:39 #647083 by koloj
Eating gas was created by koloj
I'm just wondering I just rebuild the the engine it's all sound I'm using pods open exhaust and two 137.5 and two 140.00 jets it's kinda guzzling gas real fast is that normal and also have screws turn out 3 turns out has 6sigma jet kit running strong pulles hard... Basically turning the screws on the top Change my gas mileage feed back is needed thanks 1980 kz750 h1 four

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2014 20:31 #647101 by koolaid_kid
Replied by koolaid_kid on topic Eating gas
It depends on your riding style and whether you are in the city, country, or on the highway.
You should be in the 40 mpg area. What type of mileage are you seeing for each type of riding?

1983 GPz 750
810 Wiseco, Kerker, K&N, DynoJet S3, Accel, Progressive, etc.

More
10 Sep 2014 22:03 #647109 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Eating gas

koloj wrote: I'm just wondering I just rebuild the the engine it's all sound I'm using pods open exhaust and two 137.5 and two 140.00 jets it's kinda guzzling gas real fast is that normal and also have screws turn out 3 turns out has 6sigma jet kit running strong pulles hard... Basically turning the screws on the top Change my gas mileage feed back is needed thanks 1980 kz750 h1 four

Basically, when you change to pods and open pipes it moves the engine way off the proper tune point and you end up having to open the throttle more to get power and the gas mileage drops accordingly.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
11 Sep 2014 00:20 #647116 by koolaid_kid
Replied by koolaid_kid on topic Eating gas

bountyhunter wrote:

koloj wrote: I'm just wondering I just rebuild the the engine it's all sound I'm using pods open exhaust and two 137.5 and two 140.00 jets it's kinda guzzling gas real fast is that normal and also have screws turn out 3 turns out has 6sigma jet kit running strong pulles hard... Basically turning the screws on the top Change my gas mileage feed back is needed thanks 1980 kz750 h1 four

Basically, when you change to pods and open pipes it moves the engine way off the proper tune point and you end up having to open the throttle more to get power and the gas mileage drops accordingly.

You absolutely MUST tune the carbs when changing to pods and a pipe.

1983 GPz 750
810 Wiseco, Kerker, K&N, DynoJet S3, Accel, Progressive, etc.