cleaning carbon out of combustion chamber

More
07 Aug 2014 08:40 #643036 by Markovich
So, a friend told me that when he was working for a garage as a mechanic, they used a small amount of seafoam through the vacuum line into the carb to clean carbon out of the combustion chamber. He said it worked really well. Anyone heard of doing that? Any other alternatives?

1990 KZ1000P, 72k miles, 10 years in storage, new, bars, tires, chain and sprockets, seat, carbs cleaned, police equipement removed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2014 09:18 #643039 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic cleaning carbon out of combustion chamber
Take a look at the link below. Otakar gives some really good info with pics. Ed

www.kzrider.com/forum/2-engine/485261-cl...bers-thoughts#485792

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
07 Aug 2014 11:45 #643058 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic cleaning carbon out of combustion chamber

Markovich wrote: So, a friend told me that when he was working for a garage as a mechanic, they used a small amount of seafoam through the vacuum line into the carb to clean carbon out of the combustion chamber. He said it worked really well. Anyone heard of doing that? Any other alternatives?

It works. I did it on my wife's old Saturn and it put out a cloud of black smoke that was bigger than my house. So I drove the car slowly up and down my street (to disperse the smoke) and looked like a crop duster,

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
07 Aug 2014 14:30 #643087 by Ludique
Replied by Ludique on topic cleaning carbon out of combustion chamber
You can buy spray carb cleaner, remove air box and spray it while blipping the throttle, rev it, don't let is stall, black clouds guaranteed… Passing through the fuel line (sea foam) as previous post states cleans wider as it clean some of the crap in the carbs as well.