kz750 Twin Engine Lag

• photobrandon
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
05 Jul 2014 17:33 #638980 by photobrandon
kz750 Twin Engine Lag was created by photobrandon
So I just finished replacing all of my valves shims so they are to spec. But now, I'm having an interesting issue with my right exhaust popping and the bike lagging/stuttering when I accelerate. I adjustment to the right carb pilot screw seemed to solve the popping issue at idle, but I'm still having lag issues when riding.

Also, stupid noob questoin. I was going to take of the crabs to make sure the butterfly's were still in sync, but I can't get the damn things off.

I'm running pod filters with a shorty exhaust and the bike was running ok prior to shimming.

Thanks all

Any ideas?

-B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2014 17:37 #638981 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic kz750 Twin Engine Lag
The symptoms indicate it's running lean. With straight pipes and pods, I have no idea what the carb setup should be.

What pilot/main jets are you running and what is the setting on the needle slot?

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
05 Jul 2014 17:39 #638982 by bountyhunter
If the problem suddenly appeared, it could be some dirt or crud drained down and blocked a jet. Are you running inline filters?

1979 KZ-750 Twin

• photobrandon
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
05 Jul 2014 18:02 #638983 by photobrandon
Replied by photobrandon on topic kz750 Twin Engine Lag
How can I check what the pilot main jets? Sorry never worked on carbs before. Yes, running inline filters.

-B

More
05 Jul 2014 22:13 #638999 by bountyhunter
If it has the stock carbs, the pilots and mains are in the carburetor bowls. They can be removed without taking off the carbs.

1979 KZ-750 Twin