Compatability...kickstarter pedals

More
16 Jun 2014 19:18 #636926 by mac0239
Compatability...kickstarter pedals was created by mac0239
anyone know a link to check compatability of kickstarter pedals on various yrs or models of kz1000's?
my bike came with out one and been searching for a while now. see lots on Ebay but never for my exact year and model (79' Kz1000st) . they all look pretty similar and you would THINK they might all fit the same, but my luck says i will order one hoping it fits and end up with a chrome paperweight. anyone got a collection of KZ's and know if they all fit/work the same? or know any links where i can cross reference fit or compatable models for one of these? seen some sweet ones with perfect chrome and decent price but no frikken idea what bikes are compatable. cheers and thanks for any tips.
stee

Green 79' KZ1000st engine-1075 Wiseco kit, k&n pods, dyna ig & coils, and very old Kerker 4 into 1 pipes
Other project- orig Red 79' KZ1000st engine-stock so far with mystery black 4/1 header TBD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2014 20:53 #636937 by Tomolu5
Replied by Tomolu5 on topic Compatability...kickstarter pedals
You can cross reference on Kawasaki.com

Look in the parts diagram section, when you find your kickers part number, you can pull up a list of all the models they used it on.

A member by the name of Patton has a detailed write up on this.

Which makes me think it would be great if members could have a handful of "stickies" when you view their profile.

Mine:
04 Honda rebel 250(wifes)
04 GSXR 750(bolt on galore)
98 CBR 600F3(filter, pipe, adjustable cam sprokets, dyno tune)
76 KZ900A (LTD gauge pods, crash bars, LTD(style)pipes, dyna coils and ignition,headwork and mild port cleanup by cavanaugh racing, K&N filter pods, heck I dunno.

More
17 Jun 2014 05:17 #636956 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Compatability...kickstarter pedals
Lots of good info on kawasaki.com, including parts diagrams, part names, part numbers, models sharing same part, availability, etc. Here's a link for help with navigating the site and finding information.

www.kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/37...imitstart=0&start=20

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
17 Jun 2014 17:15 #637006 by mac0239
Replied by mac0239 on topic Compatability...kickstarter pedals
AWESOME, thanks guys!!
Exactly what i was searching for and a huge help.
hope everyone keeps this site alive forever, best resource out there and keeps our wheels turning like we want em too.
cheers,
steve

Green 79' KZ1000st engine-1075 Wiseco kit, k&n pods, dyna ig & coils, and very old Kerker 4 into 1 pipes
Other project- orig Red 79' KZ1000st engine-stock so far with mystery black 4/1 header TBD