Help, I've lost my part reference website!

• daveo
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
19 May 2014 17:56 #633018 by daveo
It's gone. The new site only goes back to 1984...now what? :ohmy:
Please...I need a reliable new (old) site-link for KZ part numbers and diagrams model-specific.

1982 KZ1100-A2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2014 17:59 #633021 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Help, I've lost my part reference website!
Go to Kawasaki.com. On left side put cursor over "Owner Information" then on drop down menu click on "Parts Diagrams." The click "Continue" next to "Motorcycles" and click on model/year/etc. on drop down. Once you get the list of parts for your bike you can click on the category of parts - such as "Air Cleaner" and you will see a diagram of all the parts for that category. Then when you click on an actual part number on the list under the diagram it will say if the Item Status is "Active." If it is "Active" Kawasaki still sells the part through dealers. Also, at that little page you can click on the yellow highlighted question mark for a cross reference of which bikes share that part or click on the red highlighted S to see earlier part numbers for the same part.
If you want to change bike models you can enter the new model at the top. Also, you can put in just the first part of the model (i.e. KZ650) and it will list all the years and sub models. You also can put in a part number up top and switch the word "MODEL" to "PART NUMBER" using the little drop down in that box. If you do that it will show all the models that part is used on.

Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: daveo

• daveo
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
19 May 2014 18:04 #633025 by daveo
Replied by daveo on topic Help, I've lost my part reference website!
A profuse Thank you!

1982 KZ1100-A2

More
20 May 2014 06:31 #633060 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Help, I've lost my part reference website!
Partzilla is fairly easy to use & kinda faster than Kawasaki.com.
However, for the cross-reference, double check partzilla's info against the Kaw site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: daveo

More
20 May 2014 18:13 #633171 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Help, I've lost my part reference website!
kawasaki.com includes parts diagrams, part names, part numbers, models sharing same part, availability, etc. Here's a link for further help with navigating the site and finding information.

www.kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/37...imitstart=0&start=20

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD