This a good engine rebuild price?

More
15 Mar 2014 12:44 #625296 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic This a good engine rebuild price?

650ed wrote: I added it up. $625 to clean, paint, and polish engine parts. You can buy an awful lot of metal polish for $625 and personally, I would not paint the engine anyway. I guess it depends on how much value you put on your spare time. If you can do some consulting work at $150 per hour it is probably worth while to pay to have them do it. If you would use that spare time to watch TV and have a beer, I would save $600+, do the cleaning/polishing myself, and have the beer while doing it since there's nothing on TV worth $600. (In fact, that's exactly what I have done in the past). :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Ed

And you can do a lot of the polishing while sitting watching TV..... which will probably end your marriage so that may not end up saving you $.... :laugh:

1979 KZ-750 Twin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2014 12:46 #625297 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic This a good engine rebuild price?

ed spangler wrote:

DobbinsCMA wrote: This is a quote for my 1980 kz1000 mk2 engine.

WOW!!
I guess when mine dies...Ill just park it. Glad I bought another bike so I got a spare!
Seems like a Dam Rip off to me!

Depends on mindset. I like my KZ-750, it's like an old friend. It would be like leaving an old friend, so I blew maybe $1200 (with a lot of my labor as well) doing a top engine rebuild even though the book value of the bike is probably what I spent. But it's worth more to me.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
15 Mar 2014 13:45 #625305 by peter1958
Replied by peter1958 on topic This a good engine rebuild price?
Some people work a lot and dont have time to work on bikes wtf they have a job and need paid so pay or do it your self! chit isnt cheep what would you want to be paid an hour to work on some girls bike?My time is worth money so if i have to pay a guy like crh to do my work I understand it is going to cost a ity bity tiny bit owell my choice. I have done valve guildes myself and aint no way in hell i would ever do it again. with him I get 100% and help the a great guy from this forum

More
15 Mar 2014 14:42 #625311 by ed spangler
Replied by ed spangler on topic This a good engine rebuild price?

bountyhunter wrote:

ed spangler wrote:

DobbinsCMA wrote: This is a quote for my 1980 kz1000 mk2 engine.

WOW!!
I guess when mine dies...Ill just park it. Glad I bought another bike so I got a spare!
Seems like a Dam Rip off to me!

Depends on mindset. I like my KZ-750, it's like an old friend. It would be like leaving an old friend, so I blew maybe $1200 (with a lot of my labor as well) doing a top engine rebuild even though the book value of the bike is probably what I spent. But it's worth more to me.

Howdy Bounty Hunter:-)
I hear ya and I understand......AND , I may change my mind who knows? As of now though , my Z1-B 900 smokes a Little when first started, but runs good, has over 59K miles on it, and I got another Bike I can ride if need be......so Guess We'll see if and when mine quits. To each his own and I respect that
Regards
Ed

Have 1975 Kawasaki Z1-B & 2003 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic
Had Hondas, Harleys and many ,many Z Series Kaws both Std. & LTD's