oil plug gallery leaks

More
01 Mar 2014 06:32 #623722 by PhilWill
oil plug gallery leaks was created by PhilWill
Hi, glad to be here, looking forward to seek and help (perhaps) all things regarding Zee's. Will post images when I workout how too.

Is there any way to seal the 4 oil gallery plugs on the sides of the cylinder head on a KZ1000 A1? It's the plugs that are drilled and taped when you dry block a set barrels, below the half moon rubber seals and beside the head nuts.

I recently restored an A1 to original condition only to find 3 of the 4 plugs are slightly leaking, l,ve done 300 miles but have not taken up or resided.

I know l.ll have to remove head, no problem but looking at another head it appears you cannot access the inside of the plug to JB it up.

Hopefully head is not scrap, thanks for your any info/ideas. Phil, Australia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2014 06:44 #623726 by LarryC
Replied by LarryC on topic oil plug gallery leaks
Hard to assess what can't be seen but..............

Are you worried the plugs are going to come out on you?

Seems to me a little epoxy over the end of them would do the trick without having to tear the head off, so long as they are secure.

Larry C.

More
01 Mar 2014 06:52 #623728 by PhilWill
Replied by PhilWill on topic oil plug gallery leaks
Found this image in the search function. (but no answer) posted here-

69.46.28.106/forum/2-engine/110148-oil-l...ype=raw&limitstart=0

Not worried about them coming out Larry, but they are leaking oil slightly, just enough to be annoying, l,m prepared to pull head to rectify but looking at a spare head, looks like cannot access to seal up, other then drill and tap a rod into it but will look pretty ugly if l do that.

69.46.28.106/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/headt.JPG

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
01 Mar 2014 11:30 #623760 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic oil plug gallery leaks

I drilled and tap the oil plugs 30 + years ago and installed brass allen head plugs with a little Teflon tape. Works great. Bought plugs thru Graingers if you cant find them close to home

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
Attachments: