Carb Sync Connections

More
18 Dec 2013 22:02 #615882 by oredigger
Carb Sync Connections was created by oredigger
Hey all so I want to check up something with you guys. Want to connect up my sync tool, brother ordered the one off of www.carbtune.com/ and I am confused as to where I hook up my tubes. My manual says to connect to the Vacuum Gauge Attachments that are connected to the rubber between my carb and engine, my bike only has this attachment with a rubber cap on the middle two carbs though and this is my problem. The outside two carbs have what looks like the attachment areas would be on the top side (as opposed to bottom in the manual and middle carbs) but instead of a simple rubber cap they are connected to hoses that run to the top of the engine (couldn't tell ya what they connect to right now). Pictures are attached below.

Any help is appreciated!

Attachment carbconnect1.jpg not found

Attachment carbconnect2.jpg not found

1980 KZ650-E1 LTD
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2013 23:33 #615886 by aek
Replied by aek on topic Carb Sync Connections
Those are the correct ports. The hose activates the petcock so run it on prime if you are doing this with the tank in place. Easier with the tank off using a fuel bottle I think. Your brother choose well. good luck!
art

1980 750-4 LTD original owner

More
19 Dec 2013 06:32 - 19 Dec 2013 06:35 #615897 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Carb Sync Connections
Those two outer hoses should be on top as they are. They are for the emissions device known as the air suction system. They control the big mechanical valve mounted under the gas tank. For syncing the carbs at idle, they can be temporarily removed to hook up the vacuum gauge.

When that thing malfunctions, it can cause backfiring in the exhaust when decelerating.

They can also be permanently removed, along with the contraption under the tank as long as you plug the two big ports on top of the valve cover, and the hole in the airbox where that contraption connected with a big hose. Then, of course, those two vacuum ports must be capped as well, after you are done syncing.
Last edit: 19 Dec 2013 06:35 by loudhvx.