Accelerator Pump

More
14 Oct 2013 13:37 #609972 by ecv83
Accelerator Pump was created by ecv83
how can I tell if my Accelerator Pump is working or not?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slayer61
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
More
14 Oct 2013 15:29 #609988 by slayer61
Replied by slayer61 on topic Accelerator Pump
It works similar to any automotive accelerator pump. If you whack the throttle open while looking down the throats of the carburetors, you should see a stream of fuel shooting out of the carbs and headed to the intake port.

Good luck, Paul

Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

[strike]Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit[/strike]
Wife's BIG bike......[strike] 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and [strike]factory FI[/strike] Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods[/strike] SOLD

More
14 Oct 2013 15:45 - 14 Oct 2013 15:46 #609991 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Accelerator Pump
This pertains to the VM24 carburetors & may be applicable to the bigger carbs.

If yours isn't working right, Z1Enterprises.com sells a K&L accel pump kit (K&L parts are made in Japan & oem quality IMHO).

Note hole in gasket for Accelerator pump nozzle fuel supply (top hole).
Also note the little spring clip. Each carb bowl should have a clip, weight, & ball: the 3 little parts act as a check valve to keep fuel in the pump circuit.

Note o-ring on Accelerator pump nozzle's base. The nozzles project into the carburetor bore.
Check the nozzles by supplying fuel to the carbs, then actuate the throttle pulley vigorously: fuel should squirt out straight back without hitting the carb bore walls. If it dribbles out or squirts crooked, the nozzles or pump circuit may be clogged or the accel pump diaphragm could be defective.
Last edit: 14 Oct 2013 15:46 by martin_csr.