Jumping out of second gear even before releasing t

More
06 Oct 2013 13:14 #608931 by deanbyron
Hi there. Just re assembled my kz 1000 with gpz1100 barrels and crank. Must say that vibrasion is very slightly noticed.
So must have been the old motor crank.

So after assembling the motor. The bike jumps out of second gear even before leaving clutch. I just to second and hear it jump back to neutral. Does not even stay in gear for a small wile.

Any thoughts?

If i shift to third fast enaught that i can continue riding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2013 16:33 #608954 by Garn
Deanbyron, Reluctantly, I have to say that maybe you will have to split the crank cases.
I have seen this trouble before with the wear on the dogs/ pegs between 2nd & fifth gear, it will be quite obvious, wear by rounding of dogs and rounding on the edge of slots in the adjacent gear.
It could, of course, be due to a distance piece that controls the play between these gears.
The above mentioned defects are the worst case scenario!

RegardZ.

1 x 73 Z1 (Jaffa), 74 Z1A, 76 Z900-A4
1 x 73 Yamaha TX500 & 98 fzx250 Zeal
Sydney Australia

More
09 Oct 2013 01:40 #609326 by deanbyron
Could be an undercut problem? It jumps back to neutral even before i can release the clutch. Could it maybe be one of those Y levers that shifts the gears?

BTW. I fitted a set of rings from a Toyota 1200 Pickup Bakkie.Compression good! No smoke!

Wil see how long it lasts. Pd R123.00 or 13 dollars. I did the same with my 1980 1015cc about 7 years ago. Fitted a set of Fiat UNO 1100cc rings. I sold the bike 2 years later and was still running good. :evil: