help needed please

More
03 Oct 2013 07:03 #608625 by dady619
help needed please was created by dady619
hi I have a 1983 kz750h ltd it runs but not the best there is a bit of poping going on and its not the best when cold and idle there is pods on it and someone told me to put in the right jets ? the motor is a 750e also when I check the motor I got (from left to right) 125psi 125pis 80psi 100psi the bike was in a shed for 6 years iv had it running around 10 times in the last 12 months last time was 1 month ago only road it 50meters what should I check ? any help would be great thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2013 07:56 #608628 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic help needed please
Since the compression numbers aren't good, I would start w a valve clearance check - it's something that should be done anyway, regardless. Doing the check is fairly straight forward. Changing shims is more involved but should be doable.

Since the bike has been sitting, you're probably going to have to clean the carburetors. Drain & clean the fuel tank as well and add fresh fuel. Install new fuel line & an in-line fuel filter suitable for motorcycles.

Clean & lubricate the timing advancer. Separate the rotor from the advancer body to clean it thoroughly & fill the groove w grease.

Redo the spark plug wire connections. The wires untwist from the coils. Unscrew the ribbed compression boots, then the wires if they don't come off w the boots. You may need to nip off the ends of the spark plug wires a tad. Or go ahead & install a new spark plug wire set.

The coils are old, so they may need replacing. Z1Enterprises.com has Dyna coils & spark plug wire sets.

More
03 Oct 2013 08:09 #608629 by dady619
Replied by dady619 on topic help needed please
sweet thanks mate il get starting on it if there is any more info please post

More
03 Oct 2013 08:17 #608631 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic help needed please
If you have the stock airbox, put it back on, then decide later whether or not to use pod filters.
CV carburetors are known to be difficult to tune for the pods; but someone else may be able to tell you exactly what you need to do for the pods.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
03 Oct 2013 08:54 #608634 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic help needed please
This should be a good link to a pdf service manual to get you going. the valve adjustment will need the cams removed. The shims are under the follower/ bucket and are 13mm. Shims are available as well as gaskets from several suppliers. But z1enterprises.com should have them in stock and will ship globally.
mbsween.bike-night.com/kz750l3/media/GPz750-full.pdf

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

More
03 Oct 2013 20:32 #608691 by dady619
the pods were already on it I have a work shop manual I have 2 kz750/4 1 is a hard tail its off getting painted im hopping to get the motor running good so I can put this motor in the hard tail il have a good read of the book thanks

More
04 Oct 2013 01:20 #608730 by dady619
I got the bike going today but still got 1 reading 80psi have not checked the valves yet but when on idle I have a rattle don't no if its the chain or clutch how could I tell what 1 it could be ? thanks