Carburator Failure

More
06 Sep 2013 19:39 #605262 by JMSan
Carburator Failure was created by JMSan
ettentctchosenHello guys,
I need help from you at this moment, I have a 1981 KZ750 LTD and it has some cold starting problems, it take to much time and efford for the bike to start in the mornings, and some times it only start if I push it.
My bike has a V&H 4 to 1 exhaust and K&N filters, also I live in a town in Guatemala that its at 7,734 feet, i think this info is important to help my fixe the start issue.
Once the bike warm up it run great and the iddle its ok, only when its cold have problems to stay running and to start for the first time.
I think I will have to change carb jets, but i just want to be sure before I buy a jets and carb repair kit.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Juan Mario

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2013 20:58 #605272 by koolaid_kid
Replied by koolaid_kid on topic Carburator Failure
First Juan, you do not need the carb repair kit. Don't waste your time; the components are all junk. If you need a new component, buy factory Kawasaki/Mikuni replacement parts.
You will need larger main jets, and you will have to adjust your needle position. You may need new fuel bowl gaskets, since the ones on there are probably 32 years old.

1983 GPz 750
810 Wiseco, Kerker, K&N, DynoJet S3, Accel, Progressive, etc.

More
06 Sep 2013 21:29 #605276 by rcook52459
Replied by rcook52459 on topic Carburator Failure
don't know what shipping would be,but I just got main jets from Z1enterprises for a $1.75 a piece.

1983 750 spectre,all stock almost 16,000 on it on 1980 Suzuki gs1000l

More
11 Sep 2013 19:24 #606061 by JMSan
Replied by JMSan on topic Carburator Failure
Thank you for the help, by any change, can you tel me, what needles and jets i need for the altitud i live? also for the replacement parts, where i can fine it, because in my country its very difficult to fine spare parts for this motorcycle.