kick start

More
31 Aug 2013 15:25 #604153 by westy61
kick start was created by westy61
Hi all i hope somone can help me .
I have a kz 750mi 1983 twin,i bought it with a starting problem which turned out to be stater cluch bolts jammed so removed and just used kick start the bike started and ran.
i have since striped and rebuilt with some mods,but on trying to start i have know kick start ,
it just does nothing,when pushing there is a klicking nois and if i use elecric it stats just
for afew secend and seems to jam with a clunck ,engine spins over easy with pugs out could this be
a jammed kick start any help would be most appreciated im a bit lost . but thought about striping
the bottom out to check kick start does this seem right thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2013 15:57 #604157 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic kick start
No insult intended, but you're not pulling in the clutch lever when using the kick starter are you? I have read of some folks doing that because they are so used to doing it when using the electric starter. If you do it with the kick starter the clutch is disengaged and the kicker won't work. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: westy61

More
31 Aug 2013 17:35 #604172 by westy61
Replied by westy61 on topic kick start
Hi thanks for reply yes when using elecric start and bike starts for a few secons and stops
but if i stand and push kick down with han or foot with no clutch lever it falls easily,
but i have to pull it back up .thanks again.

More
01 Sep 2013 06:16 #604260 by westy61
Hi today had a closer look at my bike kz 750 m1 and removed kick start lever,cover,and srpring.
when presing starter it tries to start runs maybe 5 secs stops ,but the kick start shaft turns anticlockwise when the starter motor is turning over ,does anyone know if that is normal .
thanks andy.

More
01 Sep 2013 15:45 #604319 by westy61
HI thanks for the help spent some time on bike today and have sorted the kick start out it was clutch related as i adjusted the cam on the other side and clutch was slightly on ,also on removing kick start cover i had stupidly put ths spring on the wrong way ,sorry for any hassle
i now need to recharge battery and try again.hopefully next weekend.