Two Questions...

More
15 Jul 2013 18:45 #596648 by havakaw
Two Questions... was created by havakaw
OK...Before I go and try to fire this thing up for the first time...Question #1:>With the APE manual cam chain adjuster...What is the proper way to adjust it?I checked the web site,and they said to do it like a clutch.Tighten the bolt untill snug,then back off 1/4 turn.Sounds right? I REALLY don't want to screw this thing up. Question #2:>For you GPZ1100 guys,or anyone else that has the 1100 motor with stock oil cooler and lines/block fitting....The longer hose is the supply,the shorter hose is return?Does it matter which side either one goes to on the cooler?I'm running carbs,and I've got them between cyl 1&2 and 3&4.I zip tied them to the carb holders because they were a tad close to the sync screws and I didn't want them hanging up the carbs.Thanks.

'80 KZ 750 LTD-H
'82 KZ 1100 A-2 Shafty (ex-bagger)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2013 13:41 #596752 by Cynjut
Replied by Cynjut on topic Two Questions...
1) If APE says to snug it up and turn it back a 1/4 turn, I'd do that. Having said that, I'd also warn you to make sure the cam chain is in the correct position and tension when you do it. Put in the key and bump the starter (or short the starter solenoid with out the key in) a couple times to pull the chain tense in the right places, then tension the cam chain.

2) The oil cooler is like my old girlfriend, it will swing both ways and doesn't care where the longer hose is attached.

1977 KZ-1000 A1
1982 KZ-1000 M2 Frankenbike

• slayer61
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
More
16 Jul 2013 13:50 #596753 by slayer61
Replied by slayer61 on topic Two Questions...

Cynjut wrote: The oil cooler is like my old girlfriend, it will swing both ways and doesn't care where the longer hose is attached.

:woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: That's FUNNY!!!

Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

[strike]Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit[/strike]
Wife's BIG bike......[strike] 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and [strike]factory FI[/strike] Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods[/strike] SOLD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cynjut