I just found out something new.

• ILoveNasacar
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
07 Jul 2013 18:46 #595420 by ILoveNasacar
I just found out something new. was created by ILoveNasacar
So for a while I had been thinking that my 76 750 twin was only running on one cylinder. It turns out that it is actually running on two, just not while idling or at lower RPMS. Once I pick up the RPMs the faulty side starts to work. I can tell that this is the case because I can notice a difference between plug and no plug when I roll back on the throttle in the drive way. So far. I have spark at idle to both cylinders. I've been checking fuel delivery with a couple different methods. I also have checked float level with the clear tube method. I just put in a set of carb kits that included jets and needles. The compression for both sides was close to 150psi with the throttle open.

Anyways, Is there away I can get that cylinder to fire while idling? I hear people throw around the term "idle circuit". Could that be my problem? Thanks guys. Hope you all had an awesome 4th.

1976 kz750 twin
1976 Ke175
1981 stroked w12 moon lander, autographed by Neil Armstrong, after he was revived by the church of Scientology last month.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2013 23:39 - 07 Jul 2013 23:41 #595473 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic I just found out something new.
Check carb sync. Critical to have balanced running at idle.

You really need to top-down the fuel system or you will have perpetual problems. Clean fuel tank/petcock, install inline filters, clean carbs/jets, set fuel levels and do a mechanical sync of the throttle butterflies.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 07 Jul 2013 23:41 by bountyhunter.

• ILoveNasacar
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
08 Jul 2013 03:13 #595503 by ILoveNasacar
Replied by ILoveNasacar on topic I just found out something new.
Bounty hunter, Spot on.
a couple months ago I based my carbs on the bench while installing all the new brass. Picking up where I left off months later, I completely forgot that I had done so. So with a few mins with the screw driver I finally got it to fire while idling. I'm really excited. This has been putting me on my ass for far too long.

1976 kz750 twin
1976 Ke175
1981 stroked w12 moon lander, autographed by Neil Armstrong, after he was revived by the church of Scientology last month.