Mac 2-1, other KZ750 twin exhaust

More
05 Jul 2013 05:42 - 05 Jul 2013 05:46 #595118 by Salder69
Mac 2-1, other KZ750 twin exhaust was created by Salder69
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationGot my bike out of the shop a few weeks ago. Predictably lame that I won't have enough money to license and tag it for a month, but until then, doing all the little stuff to make it the way I want it, almost like a street tracker or cafe racer but not too stripped down.

It has more power than I would've thought. I hear good things about these bikes here, and other sites dedicated to vintage bikes or cafe racers, but there are also some very negative opinions about these bikes.

It still needs a lot of work, I want to take the fenders off and put strip LED tailight/blinkers on the bar along with a custom license plate holder/brackets welded on. I don't want to pay for the shop I had it in to do it, so I'll have to find a metal shop. I have other stuff (like the piss poor welds from the fairing) to grind down on the frame.

Other than that I want a 2-1 exhaust.

I've found this one (seems to be the main aftermarket 2-1 for the kz twins) does anyone know how it sounds? is it as loud ad the stock pipes? because they have a nice sound to them, but I think they look goofy AF.

But I've seen some others I'd like much better, for instance, this one here on THIS site!

www.kzrider.com/gallery/gallery-categori...0-street-tracker-432

The link above is probably one of the coolest mods I've seen to this bike.

here is mine before
i.imgur.com/yyayj.jpg

and currently
i.imgur.com/Q4jy3YK.jpg

Anything helps.

Thanks and ride safe
Last edit: 05 Jul 2013 05:46 by Salder69.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2013 16:34 #595174 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Mac 2-1, other KZ750 twin exhaust
I have the standard 2-1 MAC chrome set. The sound is pretty good. Has a low roar, not too load. Doesn't have the annoying rice burner HOWL you hear so often. It's an OK pipe.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.