Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kawasaki GT750 cafe racer build 03 Jul 2013 08:15 #594832

• daventry
  • daventry's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I recently purchased a kawasaki GT750 as a project bike. I've done some body work and replaced the exhaust which resembled a block of Swiss cheese when I picked it up.

Now it's time to focus on registration as a minimum. I haven't ridden it yet!

I've started it up, but it won't idle without stalling. I need to keep the throttle on slightly to prevent stall. I've added injector cleaner to the petrol which seemed to help.

From what I understand, there's an issue with the carbies. Any suggestions?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kawasaki GT750 cafe racer build 03 Jul 2013 11:05 #594855

• Del_Herring
  • User
  • Thank you received: 29
If she otherwise idles fine, your idle speed adjustment may just be off (all it really does is hold open the throttle a little). Not sure about the GT750, but on most bikes, it's just a little knob/screw that can be turned by hand in the middle of the carb rack. If turning that up a little gets it to idle smoothly, I'd call it good on that front. If it keeps going but is still rough, you might need to look into other stuff.

Fuel level, and a general need for cleaning are pretty common in carbs. The boots tend to get old and cracked, but that causes lean symptoms, which you didn't mention, so you might be fine there.

Videos can be really helpful for diagnosing if you have a way to grab one. A lot of guys here have enough experience to help point you in the right direction there, but it can be hard to describe what we'd be looking for if you don't already know what we're looking for.
1983 KZ750-N2 Spectre

Kawasaki GT750 cafe racer build 03 Jul 2013 17:11 #594904

• slayer61
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
  • Thank you received: 267

daventry wrote: I recently purchased a kawasaki GT750 as a project bike. I've done the exhaust which resembled a block of Swiss cheese when I picked it up.

quote]

Do the Swiss know that you have their exhaust? :woohoo: :S They've been looking for it!

Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit
Wife's BIG bike...... 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and factory FI Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods

Kawasaki GT750 cafe racer build 03 Jul 2013 17:40 #594913

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
Is the GT750 a shaft drive bike?
KD9JUR

• Page: