Cylinder 4 missing

More
09 Jul 2013 12:43 #595671 by Cynjut
Replied by Cynjut on topic Cylinder 4 missing
I have to add this, if only for completeness:

After brief search, missing cylinder four located on right side of engine next to number three.

1977 KZ-1000 A1
1982 KZ-1000 M2 Frankenbike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2013 13:24 #595676 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Cylinder 4 missing

Cynjut wrote: I have to add this, if only for completeness:

After brief search, missing cylinder four located on right side of engine next to number three.

Yes.

The cylinders are numbered sequentially, beginning with #1 as the first cylinder nearest the shift lever side of the bike, and counting across toward the brake pedal side.

This is referred to as the cylinders being "numbered from left to right" when seated on the bike in normal riding position.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

• slayer61
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
More
09 Jul 2013 13:57 #595684 by slayer61
Replied by slayer61 on topic Cylinder 4 missing

Patton wrote:

Yes.

The cylinders are numbered sequentially, beginning with #1 as the first cylinder nearest the shift lever side of the bike, and counting across toward the brake pedal side.

This is referred to as the cylinders being "numbered from left to right" when seated on the bike in normal riding position.

Patton, you totally missed it! That was FUNNY! Cylinder 4 missing! HA! :silly: :woohoo:

Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

[strike]Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit[/strike]
Wife's BIG bike......[strike] 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and [strike]factory FI[/strike] Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods[/strike] SOLD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cynjut

More
09 Jul 2013 15:07 #595708 by Del_Herring
Replied by Del_Herring on topic Cylinder 4 missing

slayer61 wrote:

Patton wrote:

Yes.

Patton, you totally missed it! That was FUNNY! Cylinder 4 missing! HA! :silly: :woohoo:

Nah man, some guy took a saws-all to my engine, and now I don't know where he put the fourth cylinder. :P

1983 KZ750-N2 Spectre

More
19 Jul 2013 22:31 #597387 by Del_Herring
Ok, so I had a sneaking suspicion that something might just be off with the valve clearances, and I was all excited that that's what it was going to be. So I checked them today, and they were fine, back to not knowing what's wrong then. I did notice the #3 intake didn't have enough clearance, but that one's actually been running, though maybe a little colder than the first two. 4 was right in the mid range of the spec for intake and exhaust though.

Cyj. I could definitely imagine vacuum leaks being present somewhere. I'll try and grab some hose and just redo some of it Sunday, or tomorrow if it doesn't rain too bad. With regards to spraying to check. I'm used to doing that when it's not running quite right, but when the cylinder isn't firing at all, would that really show anything?

1983 KZ750-N2 Spectre

More
19 Jul 2013 22:42 #597390 by Del_Herring
I'll try swapping the coils around too. I also have some newer dyna's that I had ordered, but haven't installed yet. Was deciding if I wanted to try swapping them now or later. Both the coils on there now show the right resistance, so I figured they were good. Are there other things that can cause them problems?

1983 KZ750-N2 Spectre