Gasket replacement

More
20 Jun 2013 13:01 #593224 by whitbyrudie
Gasket replacement was created by whitbyrudie
So on Saturday my bike (81 KZ 1000 CSR) goes under the knife both mechanically and cosmetically (I'll post the aesthetic pictures in projects on Sunday) but I've got a bit of a question for the more experienced wrenchers out there.

I'm redoing all the gaskets on the engine, got the complete engine gasket kit, and we'll be opening her up. I've been looking for a guide on replacing the gaskets but can't seem to find one. I've got the clymer for the bike, I've also got a PDF of the original manual, and the three of us aren't at all new to wrenching (we just bobbed an 85 ninja, yes, that's not a typo heh, bobbed a ninja). I'm wondering if anyone has found a guide or if anyone knows any tips or tricks that'll make our lives easier. I figure it's going to be a day event but we really want to minimize the time it takes so we can do the fabrication for the bob on the same day. This is the last or second last issue with the bike since I bought it in August so I'm looking forward to getting it solved (it has leaked oil from the left side of the engine since I bought it, and has gradually become worse over time)

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Chris

81 KZ1000 CSR
Vancouver Canada

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2013 15:57 #593241 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Gasket replacement
The factory manual is the best guide.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.