MAC 4-1 Left Side Header Pipe Arrangement

• Killman
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Now with 99% more ducks
More
06 Jun 2013 17:59 - 06 Jun 2013 18:00 #591124 by Killman
I've got one slightly used KZ750Ltd with a left side hanging MAC 4-1 exhaust that came in a box. Having some issues getting the header pipe arrangement right. I can't see any markings on the pipes.

Not having any luck getting pics to post today, my laptop is old and dismal, I'll try and get some up soon.
Any words of advice would be appreciated.

1983 kz440 ltd
Quack
Last edit: 06 Jun 2013 18:00 by Killman. Reason: cuz i goofed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2013 18:33 #591130 by baldy110
Replied by baldy110 on topic MAC 4-1 Left Side Header Pipe Arrangement
I don't believe MAC ever made a left sided pipe.

More
06 Jun 2013 19:46 #591137 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic MAC 4-1 Left Side Header Pipe Arrangement

Killman wrote: I've got one slightly used KZ750Ltd with a left side hanging MAC 4-1 exhaust that came in a box. Having some issues getting the header pipe arrangement right. I can't see any markings on the pipes.

Not having any luck getting pics to post today, my laptop is old and dismal, I'll try and get some up soon.
Any words of advice would be appreciated.

If the exhaust system is designed for the bike at hand, and is reasonably free of damage, may require playing musical chairs with the headers until they align to fit inside the collector.

Should be able to loosely attach the pipes to the head so they will move enough to determine whether they gather snugly together appropriately for fitment into the collector.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

• Killman
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Now with 99% more ducks
More
06 Jun 2013 20:47 #591143 by Killman
Replied by Killman on topic MAC 4-1 Left Side Header Pipe Arrangement
Thanks Baldy, that was my understanding as well. I'm not 100%, but it looks like a MAC to me, and it's mounted on the left, with a centre stand that matches up appropriately. Could be some kind of bastardization, but it looks to have been engineered to fit.

Patton, thanks for the musical chairs idea, been doing that for a while now though. Thought that i had it, but now one pipe's collar meets flush when hand tightened, and the others don't.

1983 kz440 ltd
Quack