1981 kz750E

More
16 May 2013 13:29 #587739 by Brian.Wolf
1981 kz750E was created by Brian.Wolf
So just got this bike switched motors different exhaust jets and pods. Got it running but one of the floats are a little sticky but i dont wanna get the rebuild kits. What should i do, any ideas. Also what are some major things i can do just for a nice tune up to make sure a got a really nice dpendable bike. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2013 15:40 #587762 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic 1981 kz750E
If you want a nice dependable bike consider putting the airbox and stock jetting back. Your bike has CV carbs so if you keep using pods you will spend much time fiddling with the carbs trying to find the magic combination that will make it run well throughout the rpm range. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
16 May 2013 19:28 #587799 by JR
Replied by JR on topic 1981 kz750E

Brian.Wolf wrote: ..... Got it running but one of the floats are a little sticky but i dont wanna get the rebuild kits. What should i do, any ideas. Also what are some major things i can do just for a nice tune up to make sure a got a really nice dpendable bike. Thanks

Unstick that sticky float. You dont need rebuild kits unless bits need replacing.
The best thing i did with mine was get the carb fuel level set to spec. Search "clear tube method" . Doing this made for a very smooth running bike. Synch the carbs.
Check and adjust the valve clearances if necessary.
The ignition is electronic so nothing to do there
Good luck

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust