No longer a happy rider

More
17 May 2013 16:46 #587954 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic No longer a happy rider

HOGEATER wrote: Are you POSITIVE you hear noise from the engine and NOT your DRIVE chain?? You said you could hear it when you rock the rear wheel back and forth, your DRIVE chain could be REAL loose and hitting the swingarm , if so I'd replace a chain that loose!!!

The PRIMARY chains on the KAWs are ALMOST bulletproof. I had a Z1000 with close to 90K miles and it was USED and ABUSED but NEVER had PRIMARY noise!!

HOGEATER(CHUCK)

? I agree about the primary chains being nearly bulletproof, but I didn't know KZ1000's used them. I thought they used gears. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2013 16:53 #587956 by dnestvold
Replied by dnestvold on topic No longer a happy rider

HOGEATER wrote: Are you POSITIVE you hear noise from the engine and NOT your DRIVE chain?? You said you could hear it when you rock the rear wheel back and forth, your DRIVE chain could be REAL loose and hitting the swingarm , if so I'd replace a chain that loose!!!

The PRIMARY chains on the KAWs are ALMOST bulletproof. I had a Z1000 with close to 90K miles and it was USED and ABUSED but NEVER had PRIMARY noise!!

HOGEATER(CHUCK)

kz750F1 is a shaft drive, still waiting for nicer weather to clean the carbs again and sync to make sure that is not the issue

83 KZ750F1

• HOGEATER
  • User
  • Been riding 2 wheels since 1965,
More
17 May 2013 18:23 #587971 by HOGEATER
Replied by HOGEATER on topic No longer a happy rider
MY BAD, I was thinking the 750 was chain like the 650.

HOGEATER(CHUCK)

More
11 Jun 2013 19:58 #591809 by Mellvis
Replied by Mellvis on topic No longer a happy rider
Is it too late to recommend starter clutch noise, or have you taken it apart already?