kz 750csr twin

• drummerjoe10
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
15 Apr 2013 14:53 #582478 by drummerjoe10
kz 750csr twin was created by drummerjoe10
Hey guys, im new to the forum but have read nd used a lot of the info off here to work on my bikes but Ive run into something i cant find an answer to anywhere. I recently bought an 82 750csr twin, it had been sitting fr a few months so i cleaned to carbs n got it runnin pretty good and the other day it started popping on deceleration. After checking the plugs i noticed one that was white meaning it was running lean, not to my suprise because someones cut the header to straight pipes n I dont think they re-jetted it,so i pulled the carbs off and cleaned them out again and noticed where a previous owner had tried to get one of the pilot jets out (the one on the cylinder that was running lean, it was clogged up)and had all but stripped it n boogered it up pretty good, i couldnt get it out so i cleaned it the best i could and put the carbs back on, and now it has a knock towards the top end but i havent done anything except clean the carbs out. Its running wayy to strong and good to be anything major in my opinion but i was curious to get ya'lls thoughts on what it could be and how worried i need to be, thanks for any help in advance

Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2013 03:45 - 16 Apr 2013 03:47 #582618 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic kz 750csr twin
Popping on decel means lean pilot jets. Kawi runs them a little lean anyway, I would try going up two sizes.

You need a special screwdriver to fit the slot thickness and jet width/

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 16 Apr 2013 03:47 by bountyhunter.

• drummerjoe10
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
16 Apr 2013 11:18 #582650 by drummerjoe10
Replied by drummerjoe10 on topic kz 750csr twin
Ok cool thanks for the info, where's a good place to get the jets? Any idea what would make it knock after cleaning?

More
16 Apr 2013 18:28 #582707 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic kz 750csr twin
I wuld do a top-down clean on the fuel systems from tank, petcock, inline filters to carbs. Once you start cleaning things, rust powder or crud bits can flow down and block jets.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
The following user(s) said Thank You: drummerjoe10

• drummerjoe10
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
16 Apr 2013 22:45 #582742 by drummerjoe10
Replied by drummerjoe10 on topic kz 750csr twin
thats what i did today between work, its still runnin good n that helped smooth it up a little but its still got the knock sound :huh: . I think I'm gonna take it to a shop here n see if they can get the stuck jet out, i tried a little today but didnt have any luck n i dont wanna screw it up any worse than it already is lol