No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Someone Needs To Buy This and Try It Out.....

More
13 Apr 2013 12:56 #582142 by NakedFun
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationSomeone Needs To Buy This and Try It Out..... was created by NakedFun
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Would think it would be fantastic to adapt with belt drive.......

Cory

2008 Kawasaki Concours 14
1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
1976 Kawasaki KZ900

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2013 17:49 #582175 by APE Jay
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by APE Jay on topic Someone Needs To Buy This and Try It Out.....
Way too small for a KZ, only 30 CI. The small Magnusans were 80CI
The following user(s) said Thank You: turboking

More
13 Apr 2013 20:56 - 13 Apr 2013 20:58 #582196 by NakedFun
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by NakedFun on topic Someone Needs To Buy This and Try It Out.....
Probable would generate enough for a 400 or 650 as it is 500cc per rev of the blower. So depending on pulley ratio, could do well. In addition they do not state what pressure ratio that 500cc is developed at, but if they had a compressor map.... I have asked the distributor if Aisin builds anything larger, and they do not. I like the older Eatons and Magnusons, but they seem too big packaging wise to work well, although I know guys use them all the time....

Cory

1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
1976 Kawasaki KZ900
Last edit: 13 Apr 2013 20:58 by NakedFun.

More
14 Apr 2013 18:31 #582297 by cronk
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by cronk on topic Someone Needs To Buy This and Try It Out.....
1000 bux plus fab time/expence yikes. always prefered turbo over supercharger...

1982 KZ-550

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
15 Apr 2013 04:14 #582418 by donthaveakawman
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by donthaveakawman on topic Someone Needs To Buy This and Try It Out.....
will that hold a double pumper?

More
15 Apr 2013 10:23 #582446 by NakedFun
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by NakedFun on topic Someone Needs To Buy This and Try It Out.....
Would doubt that would have the square bore pattern of a Holley. Hey I am a turbo guy as well, how ever this would be neat and compact compared to a turbo system. Obviously, this is not a bolt on, but then again some of us are building bikes where nothing is a bolt on! Just thought I would post it.

Per the sizing discussion earlier, the charger used on the Mini Cooper which uses a 4cyl, 1.6L 4 valve engine uses an Eaton M45 which moves 45ci of air per revolution which is 735cc. This engine makes peak power at 6000rpm. So if you think of the swept displacement difference of. KZ900 at not quite twice the rpm with a cylinder head that would probable flow considerably less than a modern 4 valve head like the Cooper, this might be a decent street bike engine fit for a 400-1000cc KZ engines. IMHO

Cory

1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
1976 Kawasaki KZ900

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
15 Apr 2013 17:35 #582512 by donthaveakawman
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by donthaveakawman on topic Someone Needs To Buy This and Try It Out.....

NakedFun wrote: Would doubt that would have the square bore pattern of a Holley. Hey I am a turbo guy as well, how ever this would be neat and compact compared to a turbo system. Obviously, this is not a bolt on, but then again some of us are building bikes where nothing is a bolt on! Just thought I would post it.

Per the sizing discussion earlier, the charger used on the Mini Cooper which uses a 4cyl, 1.6L 4 valve engine uses an Eaton M45 which moves 45ci of air per revolution which is 735cc. This engine makes peak power at 6000rpm. So if you think of the swept displacement difference of. KZ900 at not quite twice the rpm with a cylinder head that would probable flow considerably less than a modern 4 valve head like the Cooper, this might be a decent street bike engine fit for a 400-1000cc KZ engines. IMHO

Cory

close, but no double pumper the mini makes 140 cfm and the kz1000 makes 125 cfm so unless you got a smaller belt drive and a blow off valve it would never work. also those nubers are set a t 83% volumetric efficiency.