1981 KZ650CSR Tach seal problems

• Proxy
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 80% Human 20% Nuts/Bolts
More
30 Mar 2013 15:29 #579614 by Proxy
1981 KZ650CSR Tach seal problems was created by Proxy
OK got the parts and with the temp in the 50's decided to get to it. Got the keepers off and that was it. I thought it would pull out and I could press the seal out and replace the fiber washer and O ring, press in the seal and back into the machine BUT the shaft housing does not want to come out. I do not like prying on things so I gave it some pressure but it did not budge. I put the keepers back on and decided to just change the seal but I cannot get the seal out. So before I hack it and dig out the seal little by little I thought I'd ask if anyone had a tip or magic spell incantation that would help. My brother said he'd stick a nice dental hook into the thing and extract it like an impacted wisdom tooth. :whistle: I'm leaning more towards a scalpel or a small shaped thermite charge. :blink: Then if any of those things actually work any tips on pressing the new one in?

PS I have already tried the "Removeatosa" spell that Hogwarts recommended. Seal is still there but something tells me my spleen is missing. :pinch:

Take it from me cuz I found
If you leave it then somebody else is bound,
To find that treasure, that moment of pleasure,
When yours, it could have been.
1977 KZ650 B1 Being restored to original (Green)
1977 KZ650 B1 Original (Red) Sold
1977 KZ650 B1 Donor Bike for Parts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.