Z1R Engine Rebuild/Need Shifter Assembly help ASAP

More
29 Mar 2013 15:34 #579478 by Miami Z1R
Hello Everyone!

My father and I are restoring a 1980 Z1R. We meticulously labeled and packaged everything during disassembly. Attached are pics of a small collar that we stored in the bag with the shifter assembly. Problem is, I must've removed it before I took the pic for reference. I cannot remember where it goes! Oops. I have the Clymer manual, but it just says to "Reverse the disassembly process", not very helpful! haha. Can anyone tell me if they know where this collar goes? If anyone has a diagram for reference, that would be really helpful too. Thanks in advance for all of your help!!

CHEERS!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2013 16:03 #579484 by kzz1king
Overshift bushing? Slips over shaft? Hopefully someone who knows for sure will chime in.
Wayne

74 Z1 1075, 29 smoothbores, owned and ridden since 1976
Home built KZ1000 turbo setup

www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/532476...s-budget-turbo-build

www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/532489-74-z-makeover

More
29 Mar 2013 16:24 #579487 by zed1015
Yes! Overshift bush.
Slots on the end of the selector fork shaft and butts up to the circlip, it's held in place once the outer cover goes on.
It won't be in the manual as it's a racing modification.
Not really needed unless you plan on running an air shifter.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

More
29 Mar 2013 21:58 - 29 Mar 2013 21:59 #579526 by Miami Z1R

zed1015 wrote: Yes! Overshift bush.
Slots on the end of the selector fork shaft and butts up to the circlip, it's held in place once the outer cover goes on.
It won't be in the manual as it's a racing modification.
Not really needed unless you plan on running an air shifter.

Thats great news, and thank you for the help. This bike actually had an Air Shifter in place when we bought it. But didn't plan on reinstalling it after the restoration. Before I posted this, I had tried to put the outer cover on with the collar over the fork shaft. For whatever reason, I couldn't get the cover to seat right. Maybe it just needed a little love. But knowing this now, I'm not all that worried about reinstalling it. Thanks again for sharing the knowledge!

Cheers! B)
Last edit: 29 Mar 2013 21:59 by Miami Z1R.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlackZ1R