average price for head gasket job

More
05 Feb 2013 18:44 #570917 by natetru
Replied by natetru on topic average price for head gasket job
I apologize for jacking your thread.....but i just got my 1st kz saturday...has a heck of a leak that i got kinda blindsided by.....is there a good way to check if it is head gasket base gasket or both?

1982 kz1000 m2 csr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2013 22:46 #571150 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic average price for head gasket job

natetru wrote: I apologize for jacking your thread.....but i just got my 1st kz saturday...has a heck of a leak that i got kinda blindsided by.....is there a good way to check if it is head gasket base gasket or both?

Spray off the oil with carb cleaner or your never know where it's all coming from.

I'd recommend cementing the cam plugs in place on re assembly, using some type of sealeer.

They like to slide and pop right out if You don't. The tighter the cover bolts, more prome

to push them out. If you get pulgs from z1 enterprizes, they are really tight and cementing

is a must.

More
06 Feb 2013 23:30 #571158 by KZJOE900
Replied by KZJOE900 on topic average price for head gasket job

natetru wrote: I apologize for jacking your thread.....but i just got my 1st kz saturday...has a heck of a leak that i got kinda blindsided by.....is there a good way to check if it is head gasket base gasket or both?

Wash the engine with water and dish washing soap to get rid of the oil on the engine and let dry. Spray the head and junks with foot powder. The restart the bike and make note of where the leaks are coming form.

Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
06 Feb 2013 23:48 #571162 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic average price for head gasket job
wanna but a kz750 for 750.00?

More
07 Feb 2013 00:15 #571180 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic average price for head gasket job
Do it yourself, isn't hard.

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.

More
07 Feb 2013 08:28 #571252 by natetru
Replied by natetru on topic average price for head gasket job

KZJOE900 wrote:

Wash the engine with water and dish washing soap to get rid of the oil on the engine and let dry. Spray the head and junks with foot powder. The restart the bike and make note of where the leaks are coming form.

Great idea....will do this next.....thanks!

1982 kz1000 m2 csr