Anyone know what this sound is?

• ILoveNasacar
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
20 Jan 2013 04:05 - 20 Jan 2013 04:08 #568273 by ILoveNasacar
Replied by ILoveNasacar on topic Anyone know what this sound is?
Exactly what I did Wireman.
Looks like I got a little bit of water in the oil as well. I did accidentally leave it in the rain for an hour or so the other day. You never know with Nevada weather. I'm trying to move forward with this project...but its always two steps backwards.

Pulled the plates out and they seemed okay. Went ahead and cleaned them anyways. After that I dug around and found remnants of fresh oil. I won't have extra money till Friday. So I poured everylast drop into a salad container and then RTV'ed the top on. I'll be turning the plates periodically till payday. haha. Rotella T, is it really okay to run in our bikes, having a wet clutch and all? Anybody have any recommendations?

I'm also wanting to order two carb kits so I can fix my leaking problem as well as replacing my float needles and seats. New needles would be alot easier then trying to work with carb cleaner and stripped brass. Too soft of a metal to be playing with

1976 kz750 twin
1976 Ke175
1981 stroked w12 moon lander, autographed by Neil Armstrong, after he was revived by the church of Scientology last month.
Last edit: 20 Jan 2013 04:08 by ILoveNasacar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2013 11:45 #568286 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Anyone know what this sound is?
Rotella T is fine. It is JASO-MA compliant, so it should not harm the wet clutch. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.