turbo install question

More
29 Jun 2006 11:14 #58088 by brokekz
Replied by brokekz on topic turbo install question
Still dont know who "bud the butcher is:evil: " Russ! well it was'nt you. Sat is bad for me, Ihave friends coming in sat from O'L Michigan. I do hope to hook up soon though.
Do any of you all have old 28's or 29' and a set of drop in cams laying around? Would love to help the old green bike a little. I havent had the pleasure of wicked kzssssssssssss yet but im trying.
Wire, the question on the blue bike was stock eng, pods, v&h header 40 tooth and dyna. ran 7.40s all day at mam. Belive it or not 350+ runs on stock components:woohoo: Blue out factory clutch and replaced with a Barnett!! junk!!! wasted the next weekend. put vesrah in and no problems. well later all.;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • Visitor
29 Jun 2006 21:28 #58189 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic turbo install question
yeah ive got a fresh set of 28s,what have got to trade? :evil:

More
30 Jun 2006 12:37 #58316 by nfswift
Replied by nfswift on topic turbo install question
My friends dad has a couple of turbos from an EFI 1.0L 3 cylinder Chevy Sprint Turbo.

They looked small enough for my 650... I got bad ideas.

I just need to find out the specifics for them and maybe buy one if it's in good condition... wait, stupid brain, that would be a bad idea.

More
01 Jul 2006 07:13 #58477 by The Fish
Replied by The Fish on topic turbo install question
brokekz wrote:

I read some of the past articles on turboing a kz900/1000 and was wondering how a t-3 42ar turbo would work on a stock very tight low milage 900??? I would run low boost of course not to blow the bottom end out either. As for the carbs; could I jet the crap out of the 26's to save $$$ or just buy a 42 mik?

The oil question? Could I just run from the oil cooler to the turbo back to the block or do I have to fab up a crazy sump from the pan area?

I just thought this could be cool project. I have access to the turbo and can fab myself. I know about the timing and fuel also.

Who all is from omaha????
Nate 402-932-5307....

I've been told that the oil cooler with a turbo set up will not last. I have a Turbo KZ 900 and it has an oil cooler on it. I made an oil junction block that bolts in front of the battery and the turbo gets it oil supply from there. It works fine and has been on the bike for about 2 yrs and I have had no problems with it. The oil flow to the turbo is proportioned and putting the oil cooller in line with the oil cooler (where all the oil flows through the turbo) is not a good idea. The turbo seals will blow and you will smoke like crazy. I haved the oil returning from the turbo back into the motor through a modified oil fill cap.
The turbo unit is an older Blake unit (Rajay turbo) and I have a HS 40 Mikuni on it. It is FAST!!!!
Fish
Attachments: