Trac King clutch

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
14 Jan 2013 10:50 #567310 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Trac King clutch
I run a extra plate (9) clutch from APE that I installed in the early 80s. Its STILL working fine in my Turbo bike . I also run a lockup from Karata as well , but this clutch has served me well for a long time . Burnt up my stock clutch doing hard launches with a slick and wheelie bar so this was my fix and havent had a lick of trouble since. Also run the flat needle bearing on the pusher
Hope this helps
Dave B) B) B)

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2013 16:49 - 14 Jan 2013 16:50 #567342 by APE Jay
Replied by APE Jay on topic Trac King clutch

wireman wrote:

Attachment 12_1203_schnitz_clutch.jpg not found

Me thinks somebodys buying their parts from same supplier,just wording add a little different but sounds a lot alike.
Schnitz racing says their clutch plates from kg will make you king of the street or track king also.
So is kg manufacturing supplying parts for everybody to repackage?
Having spent many years in the plumbing/electrical/hvac trades on both sides of the supply chain I know theres only so many manufacturers out there with the capability to make certain products then others buy from them and repackage them in their own bag/box B)

APE is one of the only "race parts" distributors that has it's own photo studio and graphics dept. Vitrually all photos on our website are done here. That is why all of our photos look so good.

The downside, is you will find our photos on a bunch of other websites as well as e-bay. It is much easier to snag a photo from our site than learn how to use a camera.

As for this photo, an actual APE photo of a Hayabusa Trac King ( 6 second streetbike) clutch, I e-mailed Dave Schnitz as soon as I saw it. He apologized for their guy grabbing it, and I assumed they would take it down.
Last edit: 14 Jan 2013 16:50 by APE Jay.

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
14 Jan 2013 17:50 #567347 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Trac King clutch
My question was geared more towards the repackaging/naming of certain parts that only a certain number of companys can make efficiently enough to be profitable.
I buy certain things like bolts from other suppliers and repackage them to go with the other parts that I sell.
If I say the bolts I sell with my kits are better than somebody elses they sell I need to be able to explain why,and If Im buying them from the same source as everybody else that gets a little complicated since theyre physically the same part.
Ive got a source here locally that can make me bolts/studs from heat treated 17-4 stainless which is not commonly available at hardware stores or online bolt suppliers,so I can go out on a limb and say theyre better than most stainless hardware you can commonly get.
And since Im the only person whos approached him about making them for me Ill have no issues packaging them under my co name to resell them.
Now if I was buying 1000s of the same parts from same supplier everybody uses there would be nothing special connecting that part to my company
B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

• 4TheKZ1000
  • Visitor
14 Jan 2013 18:10 #567349 by 4TheKZ1000
Replied by 4TheKZ1000 on topic Trac King clutch
;)

More
14 Jan 2013 18:46 - 14 Jan 2013 18:47 #567355 by zed1015
Replied by zed1015 on topic Trac King clutch
For those not paying attention.
Simple answer - Trac king clutch = Fancy new name for same old product. ;)
Exception is the Busa 6 second kit which may soon be available fot KZ's and = revised friction material.
Simple.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Last edit: 14 Jan 2013 18:47 by zed1015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wireman