Kerker exhaust model ID?

More
23 Nov 2012 12:20 #559741 by richrand
Kerker exhaust model ID? was created by richrand
This exhaust popped up on CL for cheap. I asked the seller for the part number and all I got was #6170 which is the number for the megaphone itself. While the megaphone is clearly Kerker (there were other pics of the megaphone), I'm not so sure about the header. Can anyone identify this header? It looks like the center stand would need to be removed for this thing to fit, which is not ideal for me.

Thanks. -r

Attachment 3Ie3L73J75Na5Y55K3cbieb4cc823362e1e54.jpg not found

Attachment 3Mb3If3H45L15Id5G6cbj68d5b7df20c819fd.jpg not found

Attachment 3E13Gf3Ne5K85H85M2cbi6c71b9ea92331ff4.jpg not found

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2012 12:34 #559743 by richrand
Replied by richrand on topic Kerker exhaust model ID?
Maybe posted too quick. This looks like the model: www.denniskirk.com/black-4-into-1-megaph...-systems.p446995.prd

So what's the difference between a race system and the street system besides drain access and stand retention? Would it be stupid to have this on a street-only bike? Also looks like this isn't for a kz1000A1. In addition: www.kzrider.com/forum/2-engine/474300-re...k2-?font-size=larger

• BlackZ1R
  • User
  • Kawasaki in my blood
More
23 Nov 2012 15:21 - 23 Nov 2012 15:24 #559766 by BlackZ1R
Replied by BlackZ1R on topic Kerker exhaust model ID?
Whatever your preference. This system is for more cornering clearance. If you don't have a problem removing it to change your oil, then run it. It appears they come with the street baffle installed.
The other style Kerker uses the same meg design, so the sound will be close to the same, but oil changes will be a snap.
On another note: What ever happened to the Mac pipe you had on there?
I never did understand the problem you were having with the twin tube baffle in the original Mac. The street baffles were always pretty quiet. The comp baffle you listed would have been a good bit louder. Oil changes are easy with the Mac too.

EDIT: I see you eat with the bike in the dining room. Do you sleep with it too??? :woohoo: :lol:

Kawasaki

Someone once told me to marry that motorcycle I was riding ......there's times I wish I hadda listened .
Last edit: 23 Nov 2012 15:24 by BlackZ1R.

More
23 Nov 2012 22:35 #559810 by richrand
Replied by richrand on topic Kerker exhaust model ID?
Hey. I've still got the Mac can on there. The system works, but I don't like the sound (loud and raspy) and I'd like something I can tune with packing to find the optimal performance for my needs. Plus I don't think the Mac really looks right, but thats the least of my small worries. The Kerker showed up for $150obo so I thought I'd consider it.

As for the location of my bike...unfortunately the pic above is of the kerker-seller's bike. I WISH I could keep mine in the house!