should i?

• lushbaugh
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • everybodys a pro......
More
21 Nov 2012 04:21 #559414 by lushbaugh
should i? was created by lushbaugh
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationshould i consider this for my street rod turbo build? :evil:

79 kz1000 ltd all apart
the best advice i can give is dont take dnthavakawmans advice..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 4TheKZ1000
  • Visitor
21 Nov 2012 08:26 #559419 by 4TheKZ1000
Replied by 4TheKZ1000 on topic should i?
Well if you need to know...give em a call...the guy selling the ebay item is a well known drag racer as the whole family racers....he would be able to help also.... ;)

MTC. Performance Products
Street/Strip V-Twin/Metric

800-827-9210 321-636-9480
sales@mtceng.com

More
21 Nov 2012 09:20 - 21 Nov 2012 09:23 #559420 by Powerstroke_fan
Replied by Powerstroke_fan on topic should i?
I am getting ready to get my 1325 kit all gathered up. I would give john pearson a call he can tell you whatever you wanna know. He is building mine right around 9 to 1 comp. So you probally could run that just might mill you head to help bump up the compression some. Not sure if you will have to worry about over heating. But its not cheap to build a big motor like that espically if your starting with a stock block. You will want to run a cooler also. But i would call him and talk to john to be sure.

1980 kz1000B4 LTD- 1327cc 9-1 comp
Ported J model head
Psp-3x cams
RS 36s
Welded MK11 crank
Back-cut MK11 trans
MTC 2 stage lock up
Stretched 4-6 over running Hayabusa rear rim with 190 rear tire
Complete frame brace kit installed
And Much Much more- SOLD

2014- ZX14R all stock for now
Last edit: 21 Nov 2012 09:23 by Powerstroke_fan.

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
21 Nov 2012 12:39 #559435 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic should i?
Id say run like hell from that big of a motor on boost till you grow into it,i ran that same set up on my 1327 for a while with a turbo on it before switching pistons and throwing big set of smoothbores back on it.
A little 1015-1075 turbo is capable of making so much more power than a streetable kz 900/1000 chassis can handle and will hurt/kill you just as fast :sick: B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

• wireman
  • User
More
21 Nov 2012 12:55 #559438 by wireman

Attachment 1327.jpg not found

Ive still got those pistons to remind myself that that a 1327 turbo motor in an unraked frame with a 3" over arm with a 150 rear tire isnt a really good combination on the street,especially with a pacemaker! :sick: :woohoo:
It would defy all the laws of physics I rememembered from high school as it would smoke the tire while at the same time bring the front end and try and swap ends :woohoo:

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.
Attachments:

More
21 Nov 2012 17:05 #559473 by Powerstroke_fan
Replied by Powerstroke_fan on topic should i?

wireman wrote:

Attachment 1327.jpg not found

Ive still got those pistons to remind myself that that a 1327 turbo motor in an unraked frame with a 3" over arm with a 150 rear tire isnt a really good combination on the street,especially with a pacemaker! :sick: :woohoo:
It would defy all the laws of physics I rememembered from high school as it would smoke the tire while at the same time bring the front end and try and swap ends :woohoo:[/quote

Jim, Your gonna have to quit teasing me :P I know its not done yet and you keep talking about it. It is making me get impatent and drool a lil. :lol: :woohoo: :silly:

1980 kz1000B4 LTD- 1327cc 9-1 comp
Ported J model head
Psp-3x cams
RS 36s
Welded MK11 crank
Back-cut MK11 trans
MTC 2 stage lock up
Stretched 4-6 over running Hayabusa rear rim with 190 rear tire
Complete frame brace kit installed
And Much Much more- SOLD

2014- ZX14R all stock for now

• lushbaugh
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • everybodys a pro......
More
21 Nov 2012 17:08 #559475 by lushbaugh
Replied by lushbaugh on topic should i?
ok thanks guys. i know ill never make the power my ducati was built to or my sprayed gsxr750 but i want moooore lol

79 kz1000 ltd all apart
the best advice i can give is dont take dnthavakawmans advice..

• wireman
  • User
More
21 Nov 2012 17:17 #559478 by wireman
Baby steps,baby steps!
Its not so much about making power as it is being able to put it to the ground and control it safely B)
My 1327 with carbs on it would run 6.15s in the 1/8 with no slick and no wheelie bar,and i could still ride it to/from the track. B)