Swap short breather cover for a tall one?

More
20 Nov 2012 22:44 #559370 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Swap short breather cover for a tall one?
Absence of commercial self-promotion in the regular discussion forums applies equally to all members.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: wireman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2012 14:01 #559450 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic Swap short breather cover for a tall one?
Whatever cover you use, make sure the cover is vented, OR you have at least one vent elsewhere on the engine. On my turbo bike, I not only have the vented low-profile breather cover, but two additional vents in the valve cover to assure enough venting. If you don't have enough venting, you'll be amazed at the places oil can puke from.... and then you'll vent...

Personally, I would stay with the baffled tower unless you have a good reason to change.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,
The following user(s) said Thank You: wireman

More
21 Nov 2012 21:55 #559533 by kzz1king
Replied by kzz1king on topic Swap short breather cover for a tall one?
Does venting the lower end well negate having to do the upper end? I know some vent through the starter area if no electrics. I vented my turbo project through the oil filler. I never had any problems but did not ride it alot, just hard!.
Wayne

74 Z1 1075, 29 smoothbores, owned and ridden since 1976
Home built KZ1000 turbo setup

www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/532476...s-budget-turbo-build

www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/532489-74-z-makeover

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
21 Nov 2012 23:05 #559543 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic Swap short breather cover for a tall one?

kzz1king wrote: Does venting the lower end well negate having to do the upper end? I know some vent through the starter area if no electrics. I vented my turbo project through the oil filler. I never had any problems but did not ride it alot, just hard!.
Wayne

it doesn’t matter where u vent so much as havening adequate venting.
the question around where u vent, leads to the question, how much oil will splash or exit if i vent in that location.
Hope that makes sense. :laugh:

The stock vent is barely adequate, for a stock motor. Once the ring start to ware u get more blowby and then the stock system starts venting oil with the gasses. Lots of guys add more venting. This also helps prevent gasket leaks.

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)