Clutch with no tension

More
14 Oct 2012 18:57 #553832 by Marklorenzo
Clutch with no tension was created by Marklorenzo
I have been working on polishing all of my engine covers on the bike (84 KZ700A1) this weekend. Left the sprocket cover on because I figured it would be the most difficult. Guess what I was right.

I was able to get it off without too many problems. Removed all allenhead screws, removed shifter linkage, then pulled cover off. Removed cotter pin on cable, and removed cable. Polished the cover, went to put it back on, and now I have zero tension on my clutch lever. The actuator is in line with the push rod and everthing else is lined up. Any ideas on what I can do? My lever is just sloppy and it feels like it is not even attempting to engage or disengage the clutch. Also, before Removal of cover the clutch assembly worked perfect.

Here are some pictures that might give you a better idea what i am working with.

Hope to hear some ideas, I tried everything...lol Thanks!

1984 KZ700 A1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2012 19:30 #553845 by Marklorenzo
Replied by Marklorenzo on topic Clutch with no tension
Also, I never completely removed the push rod

1984 KZ700 A1

More
14 Oct 2012 19:30 #553846 by gengomerpyle
Replied by gengomerpyle on topic Clutch with no tension
its there suppose to be ball bearings in the holes?

1982 GPZ750R1 ELR
1978 Honda CB750F SuperSport
1971 Honda CB750K
1970 Honda CL100 Scrambler

More
14 Oct 2012 19:38 #553848 by Marklorenzo
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI am not sure...lol

However I have been researching parts diagrams. When I took everything apart I did not have one of these? In diagrams, it shows that this is part of the push rod. Im so confused....

1984 KZ700 A1

More
14 Oct 2012 21:22 #553861 by Marklorenzo

Looks like I am missing the three ball bearings that go in the casing. Does anyone know which part number will get me those balls.

1984 KZ700 A1

More
15 Oct 2012 11:37 - 15 Oct 2012 11:39 #553960 by OldSchoolZ
Replied by OldSchoolZ on topic Clutch with no tension
part number 92045 is supposed to have bearings, when clutch is pulled the bearings ramp up and push the rod. 92009 is the shaft adjuster. This is the first adjustment you make before trying to adjust the cable. If I remember correctly, you turn it until it gets tight, then back off about a 1/4 turn, then adjust cable. Make sure all your parts are there and it should work...did you have the clutch apart for any reason? There is one bearing inside the clutch on the end of the shaft part number 600 in the diagram.

From your pictures, it looks like you are missing the (3 bearing carrier), thats what pushes the clutch shaft.

Remember, don't work on your bike so much you never ride it.
Last edit: 15 Oct 2012 11:39 by OldSchoolZ.