KZ400 Shift Return Spring

More
18 Sep 2012 15:41 #549470 by exmachina08
KZ400 Shift Return Spring was created by exmachina08
A few weeks back I was out for a ride and instantly noticed my shifter had gone limp requiring me to return it to the center before I could shift again. I believe I have lost my return spring so I went ahead and ordered another. What I am now wondering is after all my research it looked like it would be simple to get to the spring. Like pull the front sprocket unscrew some screws and bam it would be right there. Now that I have battled all my stuck clutch cover screws and got that open I don't see a way to get to the clutch return spring without splitting the case. Is this the only way to get in there or is there another way of getting to the shift return spring. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2012 16:57 - 20 Sep 2012 16:59 #549924 by OnkelB
Replied by OnkelB on topic KZ400 Shift Return Spring
I know next to nothing about the 400/440s so I can't give you much advice myself, but these guys can help you out: KZ400.com .

77 KZ 650 B1, 82 GPz 1100 B2.
Last edit: 20 Sep 2012 16:59 by OnkelB.

More
20 Sep 2012 17:32 #549930 by exmachina08
Replied by exmachina08 on topic KZ400 Shift Return Spring
I took at look and I realized that after tearing up all the screws to get it off, the clutch cover wasn't what I need to remove anyways. Its looking like to get to the spring I need to come from the right side engine cover which is leaking oil out the seal and kickstarter anyways so I was going to be replacing both of those as it is. Thanks for the help I think I have a good idea of where I'm heading from here.