NEED SOME HELP FOR MY 77' 650

More
21 Jul 2012 14:59 #537471 by gweber
NEED SOME HELP FOR MY 77' 650 was created by gweber
OK SO I BOUGHT MY 77 650 ABOUT A MONTH AGO. SHE RAN FINE UNTIL ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO. I HAD TAKEN IT TO WORK AND AS I WAS RIDING EVERY TIME I CAME TO A STOP SIGN AND WOULD TURN MY TURN SIGNAL ON IT WOULD DIE ON ME.SO I DECIDED TO JUST GET A NEW BATTERY TO SEE IF THAT WOULD HELP. WELL AS MY BUDDY WAS PUTTING THE BATTERY IN HE CONNECTED THE TERMINALS BACKWARD AND THE BATTERY BEGAN TO BURN SOME OF THE WIRES. WELL ONE OF THE WIRES THAT WAS BURNT UP IS THE ONE FOR THE VOLTAGE REGULATOR. ONCE WE HAD TRIED TO OUT THE CONNECTORS ON RIGHT AS WE PUT THEM ON THE BATTERY IT WOULD REVERSE ARCH EVERY TIME WE TOUCHED THE TERMINALS. SO WE SEARCHED FOR GROUNDED WIRES AND DIDNT FIND ANY. SOMEHOW WE FIGURED OUT THAT IF WE DIDNT PLUG IN THE WHITE AND RED OR WHITE AND PINK WIRE COMING FROM THE VOLTAGE REGULATOR IT WOULDNT REVERSE ARCH. SO NOW I NEED TO KNOW SHOULD I REPLACE THE VOLTAGE REGULATOR OR WHAT SHOULD I DO. ANY INFORMATION OR TIPS WILL HELP!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
21 Jul 2012 16:55 #537491 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic NEED SOME HELP FOR MY 77' 650
If everything is OK with the Rectifier un-plugged, but shorts/ sparks bad, when attempting to plug it in. It is Toast. It has Diodes in it, think one way street for electricity, when blown current can flow in the Wrong direction. =BAD

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

More
22 Jul 2012 23:23 #537760 by gweber
Replied by gweber on topic NEED SOME HELP FOR MY 77' 650
ok thanks for the words i guess i'll try replacing it and see if that helps at all!

More
23 Jul 2012 12:48 #537879 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic NEED SOME HELP FOR MY 77' 650
Also make sure your battery is charged up also after you change your rectifier.

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

More
24 Jul 2012 22:56 #538371 by gweber
Replied by gweber on topic NEED SOME HELP FOR MY 77' 650
ok thanks...do you know of any good places to get the regulator from??