Quite a hesitation.

More
02 Jul 2012 09:42 #533288 by BIGD
Quite a hesitation. was created by BIGD
I have a very bad hesitation from a starting position off a red light or stop sign. Seems to idle ok. But when i attempt to go it is very rough until the RPM's pick up and then the bike runs as smooth as ever. Have cleaned the carbs last year but not this year. Have a new fuel filter. New spark plugs. Tension wires are two years old. And the rest of the electrical is original. I do have one shim that could be a little thicker because of a slight tick, but was hoping to replace at the end of the season. Carbs have recently been synched. Thanks for any advice. Don

Had 1981 KZ1000 M1 From 1981-1995 Canadian Model
Have 1981 KZ1000 M1 US Model

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
02 Jul 2012 10:07 #533293 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic Quite a hesitation.
The Ignition Advancer, have you checked it? It may be stuck, not advancing properly.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

More
02 Jul 2012 14:20 #533366 by drakewoodie
Replied by drakewoodie on topic Quite a hesitation.
I had a problem similar to that but it was when i was going down the highway and then would accelerate it was hesitate for around a second the clear up and run fine while cruising at a single speed until i rolled the throttle back again to take off strong. The manual says to check for a lean or rich condition on the bike, to check the lean condition it says to ride the bike with the choke partially set, and to check for a rich condition remove the air filter and ride the bike without the filter, (Reinstall the filter when you are finished with the test ride). I removed the filter and took it for a ride and now it is great, all it took was a new air filter. I think i may have clogged it up when i had the oil level too high and saturated the filter with oil. Try those two steps and see what happens I am guessing you have a clogged air filter.

1981 KZ550C - Kawasaki 550 LTD