Big bore 1166 kits

• s1elr
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • blood runs green
More
02 Jul 2012 00:42 #533231 by s1elr
Big bore 1166 kits was created by s1elr
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThis is just something I found on ebay. It is interesting, so I thought I would pass along.
It could help someone in a pinch I think, If willing to take a chance. Well
her it is.steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
02 Jul 2012 00:53 #533234 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Big bore 1166 kits
The kz version of the 1170 used to be a big thing back in the 70s-early 80s,ive had a few.
I believe that kit is the biggest you can run with stock gpz/kz1100 sleeves B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

More
02 Jul 2012 07:35 #533274 by LarryC
Replied by LarryC on topic Big bore 1166 kits
I can't tell if they're used pistons or some Chinese knock off deals. The only pistons I've ever seen come with circlips like the ones in the photo were inferior, cheap aftermarket snowmobile pistons.

Larry C.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
02 Jul 2012 10:20 - 02 Jul 2012 10:45 #533296 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic Big bore 1166 kits
I'm still in the process of collecting up some parts. But I bought one of these kits in May. I have also bought Clutch Plates from this seller. Running those in the KZ and the ZG with no issues.
Looking at the Pistons in the kit, they look to be Very Good Quality, stock shape for the Dome, Moly coating on the Skirt. These of course are Cast, just like the stock Kaw piston. I'm hoping to do the work on mine, well before the KZR Relay makes it to the NW. :P
I have been playing around with the chassis before adding more torque/ power. A few of the changes have helped quite a bit, but still playing around.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...
Last edit: 02 Jul 2012 10:45 by Motor Head.