Shims- in a hurry?

More
27 Jun 2012 13:56 #532102 by Medina
Shims- in a hurry? was created by Medina
I thought.....again.....leaving my precious at a shop would be smart. I told the guy I was leaving town for 7 days, in 5 days. He could get it done friday, OR one week from that monday- you know about ten days. I was concerned to make sure he got paid and didn't have it sitting around.
I figured I didn't have the compression tool, this was the smart (read fast) way to get it done, me keep working.
Guy has a great rep- and he is buried, two mechanics, and a yard full of shiny machines. In any event, mine sits.

That...was June 12th. Monday the guy said "waiting on shims", Today same thing. I asked what size (waiting on return phone call) and said I could have them today or tomorrow.

I'll post the sizes, but need a source.

thanks

1981 KZ1100 Vetter "Luminous Navy Blue" DAMN YOU COLOR CODES!
Medina, Oh
My Bike Thread
www.kzrider.com/forum/10-new-members/469298-from-ohio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2012 15:58 #532125 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Shims- in a hurry?
Z1 Enterprises can likely get them quick.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Medina

More
27 Jun 2012 18:45 #532159 by peter1958
Replied by peter1958 on topic Shims- in a hurry?
I have hundreds of shims pm me and work out the deal. all i want is your old ones in exchange. and you pay priorty mail thats about 6 bucks with tracking. this is if the 900 and 1000 shims work in that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Medina

• lemo32
  • User
  • The Price of Cool aint cheap
More
27 Jun 2012 20:27 #532192 by lemo32
Replied by lemo32 on topic Shims- in a hurry?
OEMCYCLE.COM has a good varity, most of the kawa shops still carry 29mm as the 650 klr uses the same shim, although I did have a kawa shop tell me the newer bikes never have to have the valves adjusted, I said so you sell bikes you really dont work on them, I think I pissed em off. :P

1979 kz 1000 06 katana 750