hard clutch

More
10 Jun 2012 15:06 #527977 by stunter956
hard clutch was created by stunter956
so i replace my old clutch cable with a brand new one thinking the old one might have been rusty causing it to be very hard to action and giving my hand a workout, turns out its the same with the new one, i took off the side cover and desassembled the actuator, cleaned and greased it, but still hard as hell, i also ajusted it lots of times and no good results, as a final attempt, i replaced my clutch springs with some way softer ones, got softer but not quite as i thought it would be, just yesterday i popped my cable, im running out of ideas here, can someone help me out. :unsure:

1976 kz900 "mean green"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2012 15:12 #527978 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic hard clutch
How did the lever pull feel with the softer springs?

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
10 Jun 2012 15:14 #527979 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic hard clutch
Including information about bike year and model is helpful to viewers and usually elicits better responses.
It's easy to put the information in your signature where it shows in all posted messages, past and future.
And may be changed whenever and as often as desired.
If wanting a signature showing information about the bike in posted messages, it's easy to do. Here's how:

Attachment addsig.jpg not found

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
10 Jun 2012 15:14 #527981 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic hard clutch
check basket for wear at point clutch steel plates contact basket . File off any rough edges so plates dont catch and stick. is rod bent between pusher and actuator ?
Check everything, assume nothing.

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

More
10 Jun 2012 15:18 #527983 by stunter956
Replied by stunter956 on topic hard clutch
the push rod is in good condition, not bent, havent really disassembled the clutch itself, that should be my next step i hope that makes a difference.

1976 kz900 "mean green"

More
18 Jun 2012 18:02 #530147 by stunter956
Replied by stunter956 on topic hard clutch
alright :woohoo: who wouldve thought such a small thing would make a difference, all i did was just turn the push rod around and bam the clutch magically got softer haha

1976 kz900 "mean green"