exhaust

More
28 May 2012 12:08 #525347 by sprinrickie
exhaust was created by sprinrickie
I have heard that I can remove the baffles from the exhaust from my 1980 kz650 to get a better sound from it. But I have been worried about its performance if I do that. Can anyone tell me if removing the baffles will decrease the bikes performance and wether or not its a good idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
28 May 2012 12:39 #525356 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic exhaust
removing the baffle will make u loose bottom end performance, and u may have to rejet.

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

More
28 May 2012 12:59 #525367 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic exhaust

sprinrickie wrote: I have heard that I can remove the baffles from the exhaust from my 1980 kz650 to get a better sound from it. But I have been worried about its performance if I do that. Can anyone tell me if removing the baffles will decrease the bikes performance and wether or not its a good idea?

Dude; how many times are you going to ask the same question (see link below)? If you plan to keep asking until you get the answer you want to hear then the new answer is YES: you can remove the entire exhaust system, or baffles, or punch holes all through the headers and/or mufflers, and it will run much better than the stupid engineers at Kawasaki who spent millions of dollars in exhaust system research and development would have ever dreamed it could run. We all know that they didn't know squat about exhaust dynamics compared to any of us who own a drill and/or hacksaw. So go right ahead and chop up that exhaust system; it's a super duper idea that can only improve your bike's performance. You may want to put the bike on a dynometer before and after the mods so you can see the big jump in performance. ;)

kzrider.com/forum/2-engine/359339-80-kz650-exhaust#524821

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)