white smoke

More
12 Apr 2012 16:15 #515448 by murr50
white smoke was created by murr50
hey guys, so I just started my bike for the first time this year (WOOO!!!) Anyways, I took it around the block (about a 5 minute ride) just to make sure it was running ok, and when i got back into my driveway, a ton of white smoke was coming off my engine... It didnt seem to be coming from my exhaust header though. The smoke sort of smells like plastic... And it is only coming off the right side of the engine. It is coming from around the head where the plugs are. I assume this is just something that got spilled on the engine over the winter, but was just double checking to see if you guys recognize the issue.
Thanks

1977 kz650 C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
12 Apr 2012 16:29 #515449 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic white smoke
Always good to get out in the wind.
I would pull the gas tank off and take a good look around to make sure nothing is burnt. While its off look around all gaskets and bolts for any signs of seepage . After sitting along time a minor oil leak can add up.

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.