need a little help

• redneckcarrow
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
26 Mar 2012 22:33 - 26 Mar 2012 22:43 #512202 by redneckcarrow
need a little help was created by redneckcarrow
Hi guys, trying to get bike ready for riding season here in Maine. Thought I would fix some things. Engine leaking little oil on top, so changing cover gasket, cam plugs, tach drive seal. So thought while I had it apart check valve clearence, it's on the tight side. The exahust side clearance is .004-.007. The intake side is less then .002. Don't have feeler gauge smaller then that. While I was waiting for some parts I figured better check centrifacal advance. This is where I need the help. It was stuck about half way though its range. Took it off bike and took apart; got all freed up. Working nice and smoothe but the return springs look like they might be a little stretched. Is that normal or not? Can't seem to find new ones without buying whole unit. Checked with dealer and z1 enterprises, anybody know where you can get just the springs?

Thanks everyone!
Larry

1980 kz 550 ltd stock
Last edit: 26 Mar 2012 22:43 by redneckcarrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2012 23:14 #512218 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic need a little help
There was a thread a few months ago about the springs, use the search function(if it's working)and ask "Loudhvx" or "Otakar" about the advancer springs.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

• redneckcarrow
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
28 Mar 2012 19:19 #512608 by redneckcarrow
Replied by redneckcarrow on topic need a little help
did a search didn't find anything to help worst case will use old springs. got to bebetter then being stuck

1980 kz 550 ltd stock